I'm going to Rome and here you will find out all about my adventures!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Last Day In Roma

Tomorrow I leave for Paris. Bright and early. However, I had time for one last perfect day in this beautiful city.
I started off by saying goodbye to the Colosseo. I must have just sat in front of it for about 45 minutes just staring and thinking about how much I'll miss seeing this amazing monument everyday. Then it started to rain so I ran over to the Pantheon. Seeing the rain come down into the Pantheon from the oculus (or "great eye") truly looks magical. I mean it literally looks like magic fairy dust or something falling down and making everyone's wishes come true. When it stopped raining I strolled over to St. Peter's Basilica and got my final gelato on the way (clementine and chocolate...yum!). Inside the basilica I walked around for a while taking in all of the amazing art and architecture. Then I noticed that there was a baptism going on so I watched that for a while as well. I finished up my trip to St. Peter's by sneaking onto the back of a tour group going down into the catacombs. It was really cold down there but also really neat. So many tombs of popes. After that excursion I met up with my last remaining roomie, Dre and her mom. We walked around and shopped for a bit. I realized that I had spent so much time in Rome but never actually bought anything for myself. I ended up getting a Roma soccer scarf and a cute green dress from Zara (Kate Middleton shops here!). Now I am completely exhausted and plan on taking an early night. Yet, all in all a very successful last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment