I'm going to Rome and here you will find out all about my adventures!

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Midterms! Then Back To My Life Of Whimsy

Finally! Proof that I am going to actual school! Last week I had my Italian midterm which I think I did well on, but we shall see. This week I am studying for my area-studies midterms. My brain is practically bursting with all of the different pieces of art I need to know and their significance. It's pretty crazy. The class I'm most worried about though is Contemporary Italian Politics. Learning such a complex and utterly crazy political system is definitely difficult, and then how that system interacts with the European Union, it's madness! The Italians sure do love having crazy political scenes. But the sooner I get through my midterms means the sooner I leave for my fall break!
I really am living the life over here. For my fall break I am going to Barcelona, Madrid, and then Amsterdam! I'm really excited to be traveling with all of my roomies and explore all of these cities! In Barcelona I'm most excited just to immerse myself in Spanish culture and walk around pretending like I'm Picasso!
Barcelona: It looks pretty magical
Next stop is Madrid. Madrid is where I'll get to experience the art of Francisco Goya and his contemporaries. Also, the Botanical Gardens sound like they'll be pretty cool. I've also heard that the food's pretty great :)
Madrid: so excited
The last stop on our fall break is Amsterdam. We're all pretty excited to visit the Science Museum and the Ann Frank House. We also plan on taking as many water taxis as possible down the canals. It should be interesting going to a place that I don't really know that much about.
Amsterdam: looks like fun

No comments:

Post a Comment