I'm going to Rome and here you will find out all about my adventures!

Friday, December 2, 2011

My Oh My, How Time Flies

I cannot believe that is is December. That means that I have to go back to America soon. Sometimes it feels like I only got here last week. But before I go I have so many things to do! This past week I went to the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel. AMAZING. I'm definitely planning on going back before I leave though. I was really impressed with all of the ancient statues, especially, the Laocoon and the Augustus Primaporta. However, the painting/frescoes definitely topped the statues. I was overwhelmed by the size of Raphael's School of Athens and Parnassus and of course the Sistine Chapel is just as amazing as you think it would be. Here are some pictures of my life:
Laocoon
Augustus
School of Athens
Sistine Chapel
In other news, I have actually been doing schoolwork and not just running around Rome being fabulous. Finals are upon me and therefore much studying and essay-writing has been taking place. However that will not stop me from continuing to visit all of the places in Rome I have yet to go. This mainly refers to my attempts to discover the best gelato in Rome.












Now onto the exciting events that will occur before I leave for America. First, Rachel, my very good friend from the COW is taking some time away from philosophizing at Oxford to come romp around Rome with me! I've very excited to finally have someone come visit me so I can use my vast knowledge of Rome for the forces of good! And by that I mean that I'm really happy to see a familiar face and help her explore the wonders of the Eternal City!
Once my study abroad program ends and Rachel goes back to Oxford, I will be going on one last grand adventure. This adventure will take me to PARIS, a beautiful city that I have fallen in love with before and will most likely do again. Except this time around I have the added bonus of being there with many friends and the one person who I'm most excited to see... Mike! aka Boyfriend! Ahhhh! So excited!
But lets not get too ahead of ourselves, I still need to get through finals first.

No comments:

Post a Comment