I'm going to Rome and here you will find out all about my adventures!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou Venezia

The roomies and I went to Venice! However, it was quit cold and we couldn't see too far most of the day because it was so foggy!! It was still really fun though! Venice is not like any other city I have ever been to. The closest would probably be Amsterdam but that is only due to the many canals. Amsterdam is much more organized though. There are no main streets in Venice, the whole cities consists of twisting little streets and bridges. Although it still only takes twenty minutes to walk from one side of the city to the other. Oh did I say city? I meant island. Venice is actually a small island off the coast of Italy. We spent most of the day in Venice doing some Christmas shopping, we even hopped on a water-bus and went to the even smaller island of Murano to go shopping as well. Murano is the island where all of Italy's famous glass is made.
See!? An Island!
I can't tell you much else about my shopping excursions because that might ruin some Christmas surprises!
Venice was really pretty though. We went to the main square (St. Marco) really early and no one else was there and even though it was foggy it was really beautiful. We went inside the church and the entire ceiling was gilded with gold. It was quite awe-inspiring.
San Marco

Next up: More field studies and feeling confused about having to go back to America soon

No comments:

Post a Comment