I'm going to Rome and here you will find out all about my adventures!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm on a Boat!

Yesterday I went on a day trip to one of the lakes just north of Rome. The lake is called Lago di Martignano. Lago di Martignano is a volcanic lake and is possibly one of the lakes that supplied water to the famous Roman aqueducts. Another volcanic lake a little more north still supplies water going to one of Rome's most famous neighborhoods, Monteverde (which is where I live!). The lake was so much fun, and very relaxing. The roomies and I went on a paddleboat and just kind of hung around in the middle of the lake. The water was very blue and felt really nice since it's still really hot here. By hot I mean that it is over 90 degrees Fahrenheit here today and Italians think that it's cooling down... After we got home from the lake I wandered around Monteverde and then we made dinner in our apartment. The Italian student that we live with told us that our pasta was a little overcooked but that our sauce was good. By the time we leave we should all be able to make a perfect Italian meal! After dinner we walked around by Castel Sant'Angelo, which used to be the jail as well as the place for public executions. We then went through Piazza Navona and went on to Campo di Fiori. Today, we're catching up on some much needed sleep and going to the market. then maybe we'll just do some walking around. After all, dinner isn't until 9pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment