I'm going to Rome and here you will find out all about my adventures!

Friday, September 9, 2011

You Mean I'm Not On Vacation!?

So far this trip has felt more like a vacation than schoolwork. In all reality I imagine it to stay this way as well. Even though I've had intensive Italian classes all week and I took my first quiz today and all academics start on Monday... All of my classes have field trips and part of the classes are wandering around the city looking at beautiful things. The last section of my quiz today was to order gelato in Italian! Everything is so laid back and relaxed here it's hard to be stressed about almost anything. This is exactly what I needed and at the same time, I'm learning a lot which is what I ultimately came here for.
On Wednesday the roomies and I had our Italian cooking class. We made vegetables au gratin and chicken rolotini. Both were so delicious and easy! After we finished devouring the tasty things we made I had several hours before my class started. I decided that i would spend my time wandering around the city and I just so happened to come across the Pantheon. It was so beautiful inside and was the perfect way to spend my afternoon. However the tourists were a little crazy, especially surrounding the tomb of Raphael. It was still so amazing though. After the Pantheon I of course went for some gelato. So delicious. :] Tomorrow will most likely be a relaxed touristy day for all of us. I think we're going to all go back to the Pantheon, then to the Trevi fountain, the Spanish Steps, and then look in all of the fabulous stores on Via del Corso that we can't afford. Via del Corso is the main shopping street in Rome; featuring the likes of Gucci, Valentino, Louis Vuitton as well as places like H&M.
It also looks like I'll be going to Paris after the semester is over :D Some boy finally bought his plane tickets for Europe and I'm thrilled to be able to add Paris to the list of fabulous places I'm going to. But let's not get too far ahead. Next weekend (Sept. 16) I'll be going to Pompeii, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment